Crown Steam Boiler - feed valve question

Old 01-07-15, 12:27 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Crown Steam Boiler - feed valve question

Hi,
I have Crown BSI138SNFZZPSU (Series: 03/31/2004) Low Pressure Boiler. If I leave Automatic fill valve on, boiler gets flooded and water started coming out of Pressure Releif Valive and Air Vent. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong ?

I have circled valve in Yellow which is currently shown closed but If I open this valve system gets flooded. I have to keep this valve close means that I have to manually keep adding water when it gets low.

Can someone please tell me how to troubleshoot automatic feeder valve ? I do not want to get it replaced unless it is bad.

I have already BLOW DOWN system to remove any dirty water in system.

Name:  SteamBoiler1_Temp.jpg
Views: 3259
Size:  35.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-15, 02:03 PM
S
Received 48 Votes on 45 Posts
When everything works properly it's a signal from the low water cutoff the sends a signal to the feeder that the system needs water.
If water continues to feed without being signaled your feeder may be defective.
If you want to check it shut off the power and disconnect the wires to the feeder. Turn on system. If water continues to feed it's the feeder, since you have eliminated the LWCO. If it doesn't feed replace the wires and remove the wires on the LWCO to the feeder and see what happens.
Another way is to use a meter and take voltage readings on the LWCO and the feeder to see if the LWCO is calling needlessly.

Old 01-22-15, 01:30 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I left only 1/4 of valve open at Feeder instead of full and everything is working fine. Not sure if leaving valve full was causing this issue but it is weird.

Old 01-22-15, 01:43 PM
S
Received 48 Votes on 45 Posts
1/4 or fully open shouldn't make a difference but stranger things have happened. If you fully open that valve now does it still malfunction? As long as you're able to feed it, whatever works.

Old 01-22-15, 03:30 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Have you moved to a different home? This is not the same system that you have asked about in the past.