Laars minitherm boiler

Old 01-08-15, 06:09 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laars minitherm boiler

Hello,
I recently had Laars minitherm JVH100 installed with no bypass 1 zone only, when the boiler kicks on there is a loud vibrating noise lasting between 5-10 seconds coming from the return cooper pipe outside the boiler, could i be looking at a flow problem? maybe too much water going into the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-15, 06:25 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I recently had Laars minitherm JVH100 installed with no bypass
Why? Did the installers think there was no reason to install to manufacturer specification?

Can you post some photos of the boiler installation?

Old 01-12-15, 06:54 PM
I
Hello NJ trooper, thank you for your quick reply.

i asked why the install manual was not followed and was told it was not needed because it was such a simple 1 zone installation.
since my original post plumber came back and installed a different multi speed circulator pump and problem was been solved since ( no more vibrating noise).
So now that the noise is gone, does this mean i should forget about having the piping redone in the future with by-pass piping as recommended by the manufacturer or should i just leave it alone, I guess i am just worried about the boiler having issues in the future.

Old 01-12-15, 07:10 PM
NJT
i asked why the install manual was not followed and was told it was not needed because it was such a simple 1 zone installation.
Well... he was wrong.

Laars emphasizes that a bypass must be used because that particular type of boiler requires a certain flow through it. The way to guarantee that flow is to insist on the bypass.

Installing a larger pump is a bandage.

I can't say if you will have problems in the future.
Maybe you will, maybe you won't.

Old 01-12-15, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Well maybe ok for the 100 series you have with one zone... read page 17 here..

http://www.laars.com/LinkClick.aspx?...1607&mid=14726

I guess as long at the DT across boiler is no more then 30f according to laars..

But what would it of taken for the installer to add a system bypass and do as suggested? Just sounds lazy IMO.. Or possibly they just dont know about p/s piping schemes and are stuck in the 80's...

If it were me I would want the bypass... And the pump sized accordingly... Will it make a difference since lager pump was installed? Well what pump was installed? More electric use I assume.

Old 01-17-15, 05:15 PM
I
hi,
a larger pump has somewhat helped to eliminate the vibration noise, but i still hear the noise occasionally for a few seconds, the new pump installed is a multi speed Taco 0015-MSF2-IFC .
at some point i will have the pipping redone maybe in the summer as i would like to leave it alone for now.

Do you know what the approximate costs would be to have the correct piping installed with a bypass and how long would take for a 1 zone setup like i have?

Old 01-17-15, 06:07 PM
NJT
Do you know what the approximate costs would be to have the correct piping installed with a bypass and how long would take for a 1 zone setup like i have?
It shouldn't cost you ANYTHING... but maybe you don't want to take the contractor to court?