Riello Nozzle Size - A Way To Tell Without Disassembly?

Old 01-28-15, 09:11 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Riello Nozzle Size - A Way To Tell Without Disassembly?

Hi everyone,

I see two conflicting labels on my boiler, see pics attached.

- On the boiler itself, there's a label showing:
.6 GPH WBV-03 / Riello F3
.85 GPH WBC-04 Water

- On the Riello burner itself, there's a sticker with:
.85 x 60 W - which i assume is .85GPH nozzle with a 60 degree spray arc.

Any way to find out what the actual nozzle is without removal? Also, the .85GPH, is that at 100 PSI or is it at the 165 PSI setting as noted on the burner sticker?

ThName:  20150128_115923.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  44.4 KBName:  20150128_115943.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  35.8 KBanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-15, 10:46 AM
S
Received 48 Votes on 45 Posts
GB,
In my opinion it's always best to personally see what's there. Your boiler could say one thing but depending on who serviced it last may not have had that particular nozzle and put in what they had.
Riello, more than other burners isn't as forgiving with the wrong nozzle installed. I noticed on your plate that nozzle and settings were especially for your boiler and not what Riello recommends.
If you go to " Peerless boilers.com", click on products, find your boiler, click on "related documents" and go to burners and see what Riello recommends.
The nozzle that they want is with the pressure that's already set.
I would pull the assembly at least the first time to make sure the proper nozzle is in there.
Good Luck,

Old 01-28-15, 10:54 AM
S
Received 48 Votes on 45 Posts
GB,
In my opinion it's always best to personally see what's there. Your boiler could say one thing but depending on who serviced it last may not have had that particular nozzle and put in what they had.
Riello, more than other burners isn't as forgiving with the wrong nozzle installed. I noticed on your plate that nozzle and settings were especially for your boiler and not what Riello recommends.
If you go to " Peerless boilers.com", click on products, find your boiler, click on "related documents" and go to burners.
That will give you info on what Riello wants under normal circumstances. It doesn't coincide with what you have.
The nozzle that they call for by the way is with the pump pressure they recommend, so don't worry about that.
I guess it all depends if you trust your service guy. I would pull the assembly, at least the first time to make sure what is there.
Just my opinion.
Good Luck,

Old 01-28-15, 10:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Many boiler & furnace manufacturers do their own research & find something other than the burner manufacturer's generic set ups work better. I suggest using what's on the sticker in the second picture.

Old 01-28-15, 12:09 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In my opinion a steady state efficiency test is the only accurate way to measure the actual burner performance under field conditions . The recommended nozzle, and burner settings is the place to start. To answer your question look for the empty nozzle container it has the size ,type and angle marked on the cap.

Last edited by saves; 01-28-15 at 03:05 PM.