Oil furnace not responding correctly to thermostat.

Old 03-02-15, 07:26 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I've mentioned this several times but it seems you haven't read it or understand it.
Sorry if it seems I am not following, that point I actually was familiar with cause it does it in the summertime as well when the heat is off. It is cooler in here, now. So long as it seems like it's operating normally again we aren't doing anything to the thermostat and so far so good, the temp is balancing out at long last. The temp readout and the setting are just about the same now.

It would be nice to be able to programme it so that no one has to keep adjusting it all the time.

I really wanna thank you guys tremendously for all your help with this. You've no idea what trouble you've saved us, nor expense, and I now have such a great feeling of accomplishment having researched this to be able to address it, myself. It was a simple issue, really. The rest was a good learning experience and know more now about how the system operates. I was really in a state of panic over it, supposing it would just run and run forever, even in summer.

Old 03-02-15, 07:38 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hey bean, please go back and read post #32.

I would like to know how whacked out the settings are on your aquastat.

If you are too nervous about touching anything, I understand, but if the settings are really whacked, you should set them correctly, and likely will save a substantial amount of fuel if you do so.

Old 03-02-15, 08:02 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Will do. Probably going to wait on this til tomorrow though when my dad is up but if not, how can I be sure that that one boiler switch for sure powers it off? Believe it or not, there is a box on the ceiling above the boiler with a fuse lol.

Old 03-02-15, 08:10 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
how can I be sure that that one boiler switch for sure powers it off?
Well... I guess the only way to know for sure is to test it with a meter, but to do that you'll need to take that cover off anyway. so, I dunno!

Old 03-03-15, 12:04 PM
S
Received 128 Upvotes on 120 Posts
Turn the tstat up to call for heat. With the burner running shut the switch off and the burner should shut down.
If it doesn't you have problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: