Ball Valves??

Old 03-04-15, 08:33 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 113
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ball Valves??

I want to add some shut off ball valves to a radiator to be replaced or moved at a later date. I also want to replace some older style shut off valves in my boiler system while it will be drained. I bought a bunch of ball shut offs at Home depot.

So my question is will I be OK with the ball shut off valves from Home Depot(The guy there says it was OK and they are never wrong, Hehe)

Valves are Mueller 150 wsp 600 wog.

I don't want to worry if my water goes to 180 F.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-04-15, 08:35 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,062
Received 24 Upvotes on 23 Posts
Those valves will be fine. Mueller is a respected brand.
Old 03-04-15, 09:12 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 11,576
Received 648 Upvotes on 573 Posts
A ball valve (any valve) is not a method to terminate a line. If any of these are to be used to terminate a run then a pipe cap or plug should be used.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: