Second opinion regarding Prestige Solo 175

Old 03-16-15, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Second opinion regarding Prestige Solo 175

I had a Triangle Tube (Prestige Solo 175) professionally installed in the fall of 2014. The configuration is one zoning with zone valves and without an indirect water heater. The pumps SYS and CH are Grundfos (UP series and ALPHA, respectively). The zone valve control is Argo AZ-4CP. The set temperature is 162F. The CH pump broke in January and it was replaced under the warranty. Otherwise, the system has been working fine.
I have the following question: Even when there is no call for heat from the thermostats both the SYS and CH pumps keep working. Furthermore, during the time there is no call for heat, if the temperature in the boiler drops below the setting point the furnace turns on. Is this the way the unit is supposed to work? Or is it a matter of the way it was set up? I will appreciate any comments and suggestions.
Many thanks,
George

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-15, 03:42 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It's been a while since I've looked at the manuals for these boilers, but my first response is NO, I don't believe it should be operating in that fashion.

I'm not clear on something:

Has it done this since new? Or is this something that started after changing the pump?

Old 03-18-15, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your response. It was doing it before the pump broke.

Many thanks