Webster Single Stage 3400 RPM Fuel Unit M34DA

Old 05-04-15, 01:18 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Webster Single Stage 3400 RPM Fuel Unit M34DA

I'm replacing the Oil Pump for a friend of mine on a Beckett Burner Blower Unit.
Its a Webster Single Stage 3400 RPM Fuel Unit M34DA. My problem is someone took off the old pump and now I have two people tell me to hook the two fuel lines in different places.Its a two pipe system.One has a shut off valve and one doesn't. Is the pipe without the shut off the Return and go into one of the ports marked Return on the pump and the one with the shut off go to filter then to inlet
on the pump. I put the allen screw back in the inlet port for the 2 pipe system. I just want to know the correct way to hook in the fuel lines. Thank You

Old 05-04-15, 02:07 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
All we can really do is make assumptions.

I would A55ume that the line with the valve is the supply. I can't think of any reason for there to be a valve on the return line.

Old 05-04-15, 04:06 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank You, that's what I think too, but didn't want to put it back wrong. I'm rebuilding her Old Beckett Model A Burner and having a hard time finding information. It says when ordering parts use this number 29788C but I have no luck yet. Next to where it reads Model A Burner is MP1192. Any help on getting a manual would be very helpfull

Old 05-04-15, 04:38 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Keith, can you post a pic of the burner?

I think it's pretty close to the AF burner...

Here's a link to a manual for the AF/AFG

http://www.beckettcorp.com/protect/manuals/6104BAFG.pdf

What do you need to know about it?

Old 05-04-15, 09:38 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I like and have Websters.IICR shut offs in returns are against code.Reason being if left closed and unit is turned on it will blow the pump seal.Sometimes a 2 pipe system will siphon back hard when changing a pump strainer(another plus for Webster)etc. Closing off the feed and jumping out can be a pita sometimes to empty return.Got to say there's been times where a return firematic came in real handy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: