Argo six zone control- switching relay buzzing

Old 05-26-15, 06:29 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Argo six zone control- switching relay buzzing

We have an Argo Six Zone Control Switching Relay [ARM-6P] that is buzzing like crazy.

Argo Six Zone Control Switching Relay [ARM-6P]: Electronic Relays: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It used to just buzz for a little while then stop, now it buzzes a LOT especially before the furnace kicks on. The red 'priority on' light comes on when it buzzes. I have tried removing one by one the 6 little circuit plug-ins, but that didn't matter. We replaced the main relay but that didn't help either. Is the entire switching relay in need of replacement? Thanks.

Old 05-28-15, 07:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,476 Votes on 1,364 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

We keep a topic in a single thread so this is the only thread running right now.

I didn't have an exact answer for you. I looked at the schematic for that unit and it looks like the relays are run on DC voltage..... can you confirm that by looking on the relay ?

If the relays are actually run on DC voltage then you have a board problem.... not a relay problem.

The forum pro, NJT, may have other ideas.

Old 05-29-15, 03:02 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
The red 'priority on' light comes on when it buzzes
You have priority switched "ON" and are using the priority input ?

I believe that zone 1 is the priority zone, do you have an indirect water heater on that zone?

Old 06-05-15, 08:14 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ReekoS

I am assuming that this switching relay commands the furnace to "ON" when a zone demands heat?

If so it might not be your relay, but rather a defective microswitch contact in one or more zone valves.

If so this is easy to troubleshoot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: