System 2000 No Hot water and blinking 140 degree light

Old 07-31-15, 07:03 AM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
System 2000 No Hot water and blinking 140 degree light

I have a system 2000 installed 2007. In the past month we have lost hot water twice and when we look at the control panel the 140 degree light is flashing. We were able to reset it by removing cover and pushing reset. Since it happened again last night and required a bit more reset (reset, than power off, power on) than the first time I am thinking something is about to go wrong. Our installer is no longer in business and I must contact a dealer 1 hour away. I would like to know what could be the problem before contacting anyone. Ideas? Can I expect this to continue. We live in an area with hard water so wonder if this could be part of the problem. We have had it cleaned but never replaced anything.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-15, 11:07 AM
H
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If the burner locks out then you either have a burner problem or insufficient draft. Any competent burner tech should be able to troubleshoot and repair the problem. It doesn't have to be a dealer. If the tech has questions he can call their Tech Support.

Old 07-31-15, 04:08 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
something is about to go wrong.
Sounds like something already has!

never replaced anything
You mean the oil filter has never been replaced? The nozzle has never been changed during a burner service?

That's the problem right there. Lack of proper maintenance.