How do you convert a Baxi Luna HT380 from Natural gas to LP?

Old 09-22-15, 04:37 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do you convert a Baxi Luna HT380 from Natural gas to LP?

How do you convert a Baxi Luna HT380 from Natural gas to LP? Please provide any procedures or parts required to complete this task.

Old 09-22-15, 05:04 PM
G
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
You need to contact the manufacturer or an authorized service rep. You posted the same question here last March, and were given that same answer.

This is an overseas style of combi wall-hanger boiler with proprietary components. It's not DIY friendly.

Old 09-22-15, 08:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
This is NOT a DIY conversion or set-up. A combustion analyzer MUST be used when setting this boiler up for either natural gas or LP. The set-up is crucial to the operation of that boiler.
Since this boiler uses large amounts of fuel on demand.... the fuel pressure must be checked as it is also critical to the proper operation.

You will need to contact an authorized servicing technician.

Old 09-24-15, 03:22 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I installed natural gas in my home and a Weil Mclean boiler at the time 30 years ago and I was commended by the Gas co. for doing a better job then anything they had seen.
I installed my NG HT380 about 4 years ago without incident and without a certification. I'm sure the LP conversion is just as easy. I just need the procedure and parts required.
And this is not the reply I received last time. I guess all the people on this forum are not familiar with this boiler.
Thanks anyway

Old 09-24-15, 04:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
I went to the manufacturers website and read the setup involved for this boiler. This is a condensing boiler and part of the setup is setting operating parameters in the electronic control module so that the high and low burn rates and CO emissions are within specs.

I don't see how someone can verbally relate these adjustments without the proper equipment.

Old 09-24-15, 06:54 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
And this is not the reply I received last time.
Yes Paul, for all intents and purposes, it is the same answer.

Do you own and know how to use combustion equipment?

Old 09-26-15, 12:18 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Listen to what you are being told here Paul, I am a Baxi authorized and card carrying service and installation tech with many Baxi units under my belt. If they are not set up correctly they they will not run right and you will be saying that they are junk..They need to be set up correctly and serviced annually...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: