Have some questions about hydro level 3250 on new system installed

Old 11-08-15, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have some questions about hydro level 3250 on new system installed

We had a new boiler buderus g115 installed last May with the hydro level control. This ran all summer ok for the indirect water heater. When the 1st calls for heat occurred in October we noticed some false attempts at boiler firing random approx. every 10 minutes. This would try to start the fan and motor in the pre purge then shut down in 5-15 seconds. It has not done this in the last few weeks but I am concerned that it is a bad control. The hi limit is set to 180 degrees the low is off and economy is off.
Any ideas what was happening. Should I be concerned.
Thanks just joined this forum.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-15, 07:23 AM
Hydro level ? Continue

Put another way what could cause the boiler to try to start when the zones are off and the t stats are not callings and the control has the low limit off. I can see from the zone panel that the systems works normally when a t stat calls and turns on a zone.
I was hoping to get an explanation of the wiring from the hydro control to the boiler. The zone panel has a x-x terminal which I think goes to the t-t in the hydro control. From there I do not understand the system. It does seem the hydro control has some independent control of the boiler because it shuts off at high limit even when a zone is not finished.
Just trying to get to the bottom of the false starts with no t stat calling. Trying to find the real problem rather than start swapping parts.
Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-09-15, 01:44 PM
Wiring for primary control

I think I can see how this works. It appears the power to the burner motor is through a series of switches including the hi limit which must be normally closed. The primary control I think is in series also and when the t-t terminals on the hydro close it closes a relay in the primary to start the motor. When the motor tries to start it seems the t-t must be closing and then opening within a few seconds so the motor stops. This is so random I think I have to wait a while to see if it gets worse.
Could the primary control short and act like this. Realize it is difficult to troubleshoot using the forum and not being here but because it is so random I cannot easily demonstrate it my self.
Actually driving my wife and I crazy.
Any comments are appreciated.
Rich