Yearly boiler cleaning question ?

Old 11-10-15, 06:47 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yearly boiler cleaning question ?

My Weil Mclain boiler with Beckett AFG burner (1.10 GPH).

I've used the same guys to do the yearly cleaning for years. This year I had to go with someone else since they sold the business to this new place.

I only get this system cleaned every two years because I burn only approx 350 gallons per year. Anyway, I was a little surprised this year when the guy came and I asked him about the draft controller and burner air intake settings -- and he said "this isn't a service call, it's only a cleaning - we just change the nozzle, filter and clean the stack - we don't put any probes on the system or change any settings."

What do you guys normally expect at that "yearly cleaning" event? Just a cleaning or checking the CO2, smoke, pressure, etc?

I'm pretty sure my prior guys did all of that, so I was disappointed to hear it wasn't part of the (same price) routine this year. I didn't even think to ask about these details when I made the appointment.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-15, 02:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
I think it's time to find a new service company. If they don't test, they don't have either your or their own company's best interest in mind.

When you call someone else, be sure to ask if they do combustion testing as part of the routine maintenance. If not, keep looking.