Need help removing a zone.

Old 11-15-15, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help removing a zone.

I have a 2 unit rental which has a zone for each unit. I want to remove the one zone because I am remodeling the apartment and putting in electric baseboard heat. I have a shutoff on the return side but on the supply side I have a Flo Control Valve SA-1 D39 and no shutoff. I know if I turn it counter-clockwise it will be manual for gravity flow so if I turn it clockwise will that close it? I am just looking to remove the pipe after the control valve and thread a cap into it and remove the thermostat line. I will turn off the boiler and close the feeder and return line I just wasnt sure if I will put air in the line and have to purge the other zone or not. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-15, 04:20 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
I know if I turn it counter-clockwise it will be manual for gravity flow so if I turn it clockwise will that close it?
Nope. Turning it clockwise only lets it seat when there is no flow and rise (open) when there is flow. Remove the piping on the downstream side and add a pipe plug. You may or may not need to bleed the air from the other zone.