No heat upstairs. Need advice.

Old 11-26-15, 12:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No heat upstairs. Need advice.

A few years ago I had a new gas furnace (Quantum 90 by Dunkirk) installed in the basement and it heats the first floor radiators just fine, however, there are 3 heaters upstairs not getting any heat at all (1 radiator and 2 baseboard heaters). The radiator seems to have a valve, while the baseboard heaters don't. The house was built in 1910 with the new furnace installed in 2011. A friend removed the old fashioned circular thermostat for me and replaced it with a digital one around the same time the furnace was installed. One thermostat on the first floor controls the temp for the entire house. I hope these details help.

This will be our first, in several years, with heat upstairs if I fix it. I never seem to have enough money to call a professional, so I'm trying this myself. Can anyone offer advice on how I can correct this myself? I'm handy, but have never worked on heaters/furnace before. My daughter and I greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks, Melissa

Last edited by MelissaS; 11-26-15 at 01:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-15, 02:25 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Quantum 90 is a boiler. You have one thermostat & one circulator pump. Has anyone bled the upstairs radiators? That's the simplest thing to try.

Old 11-26-15, 04:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 255 Votes on 240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved your thread to the boiler forum.

What is the pressure gauge showing on the boiler ?