second floor colder

Old 11-29-15, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
second floor colder

hi i live in a apt that has two floors. the first floor termastat is set to 66 so it feels warm. second floor maybe 62/63 ish. i tryed bleeding the air out of the second floor radators but it get air then it stops. i been trying to bleed it for a week and not water. if you go down stairs right now it is at 60 on the temp gauge and 1 or 2 psi on the pressure gauge.
should i put water in the system to bring it up to 12 psi.
if so how do i do that.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-15, 05:54 PM
Temporarily Suspended
We need some clarification. Are there two thermostats or one? Is it a hot water system? If it is a hot water system & there is only one stat, you can expect a temperature drop between floors & you really need to keep that stat at 69.

Old 11-29-15, 06:05 PM
there is only one stat. hot water as far as i know. so the 1 or 2 psi is good. could it be lack of water if there no water coming out of second floor ratators just air for a min and then noting. could it be the expansion tank.

Old 11-29-15, 07:12 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Is the circulator pump pumping? Try to bleed it again but set the thermostat high when you do it.

Old 11-30-15, 07:04 AM
pressure

I think if your gauge is correct you should show at least 12 psi when the system is cold. There would typically be an auto-fill valve that would provide that, assuming the water supply TO the auto-fill valve is not shut off. Read the stickys at the top of the page about your expansion tank and pressure gauge. Good luck, Steve