Using two circulators with slant fin boiler

Old 11-30-15, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Using two circulators with slant fin boiler

Hello everyone-I have a Slant Fin boiler I am putting in. I do not know how to put two circulators on the system in terms of wiring. The instructions show the circulator being wired to a control box. But that is showing just one. The old system had a Taco control box that under the cover had the boiler gun wired to it, and then spaces/screws for two circulators being wired to it, and two thermostats (there are two zones, 2nd and 1st floors). So that is how two circulators ran on the old system. So how do I put two circulators on the Slant Fin? Do I wire both circulators to the Taco control box, and wire the Beckett gun to it, and the thermostats to it? Or is there a way to wire two circulators to the existing control box on the Slant Fin? Thanks in advance everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-15, 09:44 PM
You need a 2 zone switching relay like you had before. I assume this is a new boiler...did you get rid of the relay when the new boiler was installed?

Old 12-01-15, 05:46 AM
I still have it. It is something like this: SR502-4 - Taco SR502-4 - 2 Zone Switching Relay OK thanks. I appreciate the help.

Old 12-04-15, 02:24 PM
Thanks I was able to connect both circulators and the system started up fine; everything has been working great for the last three days. This was my first boiler and hopefully my last. As my father once said: "Anyone can pipe a boiler but it takes an HVAC man to know what he is doing". So true, so true. I was lucky this time around. Poorplmbr, thanks for your help.

Old 12-04-15, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 17 Posts
As my father once said: "Anyone can pipe a boiler but it takes an HVAC man to know what he is doing". So true, so true.
Whats that mean? .