Erie Zone Valve (0765C0008GA01 ) Replacement Head / Motor

Old 01-03-16, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Erie Zone Valve (0765C0008GA01 ) Replacement Head / Motor

Hi,
I have attached in Pic ERIE Part # 0765C0008GA01 Zone Valve and one of the Zone Valve does not seems to be closing. I was wondering what part should I replace in VALVE ? ERIE seems to be less popular valve, Can I replace Replacement Head, Actuator Or Motor from HONEYWELL which seems to be easily available. I am thinking I do not have to remove anything from sweat joint, I can replace only top part.

Question is What replacement part I need and What is the part Number I will need. If you can provide me part number with possible link, it will be great

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-16, 10:00 AM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Honeywell Valve Old & New Power Heat Replacement

Newer Series 6 type valve power heads can be replaced without opening/draining the system. Older types cannot. Conversion kit 40003918 can be installed on old valves to allow power head replacement without draining after you have done it install kit!

Last edited by doughess; 01-04-16 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-16, 12:25 PM
Powerhead,
Thank you for your response. Your time is greatly appreciated.

By Any chance you know part number power head replacement I would need along with Conversion kit 40003918 ?

How about Motor Part Number if I want to replace only motor, Do I still need conversion kit before I can replace motor ?

Old 01-04-16, 12:47 PM
The part numbers can get into a shell game and I do not want to go there. I would strongly recommend that you install a whole new head assembly. Many times it is actually the brass gears that are worn, not the motor. Put 24 volts on the motor and watch the action. Sometimes it opens part way then starts slipping because of worn teeth. Even the micro switches go bad.

Old 01-05-16, 11:56 AM
Doughess,
Thank you for suggestion, is any link you can provide to replace whole new head assembly for my existing Zone Valve ? On my existing valve is says below:

Brand: ERIE (ERIE CONTROLS, ERIE MFG CO, MILWAUKEE, WI)
Part # 0765C0008GA01

7/16 PORT MOPD 10 PSI
24V 50/60HZ 2 WAY port
SYSTEM PSI 300 WATT 6.5

I just want to make sure I am not buying any wrong parts.

Old 01-05-16, 01:47 PM
First I would check to see if your Erie is not just a rebranded Honeywell. A Honeywell head might just fit it.

Second, I would give up on the Erie and install a complete new Honeywell valve.

I have no use for Honeywell, but in this market they are the dominant player and price competitive. Taco stuff often has issues. By the way Taco rebrands the Tekmar outdoor reset charging $100 more, then you have to buy a Taco unit to plug it into for another $100