Vaillant External Pipes? (Outside Wall) & Pressure dropping help

Old 01-10-16, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vaillant External Pipes? (Outside Wall) & Pressure dropping help

Hey, our boiler has started to slowly drop pressure and would like to do a few checks before I call an engineer.

What I have done, I have briefly checked all the radiators for leaks, PRV doesn't seem to be passing, checks for leaks inside boiler.

There are 3 pipes on my outside wall, one being the PRV, one the flue?? and the other was a white PVC pipe that has been directed over guttering/drain. This was blocked and the end of the pipe was submerged in water, I have now cleared the drain so the pipe is free. Any ideas what this pipe does and would it being submerged in water effect the use?

Also worth noting I don't think the boiler has ever been serviced or checked over, not sure on age but I'm gonna say 10 years old.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-16, 06:22 AM
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
The make and model of your boiler would helpful. Also a picture showing where the 3 pipes in the outside wall connect to your boiler. Out of curiousity, how did you check for leaks inside the boiler?

Old 01-11-16, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reply.

I will get some photos when I'm home.
I removed the cover and just done a visual check. I couldn't see any obvious leaks.

Pressure seemed okay all day today, radiators and water is heating fine.
If theirs a leak I imagine it would be minor as it probably happened twice in a week.

I haven't tried bleeding the radiators.