Need help figuring out how to flush my old system...pics included

Old 01-23-16, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help figuring out how to flush my old system...pics included

Hi guys, thanks in advance for the help you guys are awesome.

I moved into my grandfathers house after he passed, and his boiler system is quite old; I watched videos on youtube how to flush it, but my setup doesn't include certain shut off valves that seem to make it an easy job.

Quick background: I started hearing sounds and it turned out my coupler broke on my B&G. While lurking on the forums I kept seeing everyone recommend the taco's. Well, when the pump died it's been about 15 F here for a few weeks and I was in pretty dire straits to get the thing fixed; i just so happened that a dept store near me had a taco on sale; so I got it and installed it. Being the genius I am, I installed it upside down, so right now it isn't running; but I need to figure out how to flush my system so I can install this thing and get heat back. Hopefully you guys can help!

In the first picture you will see a purple line representing the incoming water. The blue arrow shows another pipe that is probably hard to see, which is why I drew it in. It goes into the house. (btw, i'm going to fix the electrical before I do anything else)
First Picture

Second Image

Third Image

Fourth Image

Other info:

Weil Mcclain Boiler PCG-5

Edit: it is a small house, only one zone.

Thanks for the help. I will be standing by to answer any follow up questions!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-16, 02:32 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Why do you want to "flush" the system? Install the pump correctly, refill the system and then test it out. If you have trouble (fifty-fifty chance) then come back and describe the problems. I can see some potential problems in those rather poor pictures.