Aquastat identification

Old 02-17-16, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aquastat identification

I need help identifying my aquastat and its operation. It is different from all I have seen discussed. It has a High Limit with a top and bottom range and a Circulator with a top and bottom range. I don't believe it is wired properly because the High Limit seems to control the boiler exclusively. Even if there is no call for heat, raising the High Limit will turn on the boiler; a Weil Mclain 68 with 2 zones a DHW coil (on Long Island). Can anyone tell me what model this is? I do not have the cover. 2 wires attached on one side and 2 on the other. Thanks.

Name:  aquastat 2011-07-19 18.39.43.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  31.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-16, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I am thinking that's a old Detroit control. And that is what that hi limit is suppose to do. Been to long though.

Old 02-18-16, 12:58 PM
white rodgers 11c15-11

So after searching around this forum I found; http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...uestion.html#b ; it looks like I have a white rodgers 11c15-11, seems like not a lot is known about this model. No luck finding a manual.

My (limited) understanding of a dual aquastat is that the High Limit only controls the boiler when there is a call for heat otherwise the low limit controls it

Old 02-18-16, 04:36 PM
Doesn't the srew driver slot on the indicator move both the silver and brass arms in unison unless held apart? Nice find on the make.

Old 02-18-16, 04:56 PM
Emailed manufacture, but they didn't have the manual anymore. Some Google sleuthing turned up http://www.emersonclimate.com/Docume.../0037-1835.pdf Looks like certian varients of this model have a High Limit, a Low Limit and Circulator control. Mine appears to just have a High Limit and Circulator control. After playing with it, it appears to work as expected with just those 2 controls.

To answer the question, the brass marker and to aluminum marker are separately adjustable allowing a 10-35 degree difference.
As my boiler also provides DHW from a coil along with the baseboard heating, would I benefit from an aquastat that also controlled a low limit?

Old 02-18-16, 05:23 PM
" If it ain't broke ----"