Electric & woodburn boiler not working

Old 05-12-16, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electric & woodburn boiler not working

I recently moved into a house with an electric or woodburn boiler furnace. It is a Weil Mcclain R16 model. Yesterday the heating company came and showed me what water valves to open and we turned it on.

The lights lit, and the pipe from the electric boiler got hot, but it never heated any of the baseboards.

Any ideas? I called the heating company again today and hope they get back to me soon.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-16, 01:59 PM
Received 25 Votes on 19 Posts
Welcome to the best DIY forum on the Internet!

We are going to have to have a whole lot more information before even attempting a guess. You can start by taking a couple of dozen pictures of the boilers and the piping. Pictures MUST be well lit and in focus to be of any use. With the exception of nameplates where the data should be readable we do not need any close-ups at this time. It is usually better to upload high definition pictures to a photo-hosting site such as photobucket or imgur and post the public URLs here rather than attempt to post pictures directly.

We also need to know the type(s) of heat emitters, finned tube baseboard convectors, standard cast iron radiators, convector cabinets or radiant panels that are used. Plus the number of "zones" which can usually be determined by the number of room thermostats.

Old 05-12-16, 06:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
electric or woodburn boiler furnace

A Weil Mclain R16 electric boiler ?
I've never heard of that and don't see any electric boilers listed at Weil Mclain.