High Pitch Sound (Hot Water) - Help please?

Old 12-14-16, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry High Pitch Sound (Hot Water) - Help please?

Hello, please help me fix this small yet hugely annoying issue I'm suffering from a high pitch - almost-alarm-like sound coming from my boiler, specifically the hot water pipe. I live in an apartment block and this noise can now be heard from the communal hallway. The boiler system works fine and is not the problem (although it is unusual in that it is a "Heat Interface Unit" and heat plate exchange system which provides both hot water to the shower/taps and radiators).

The high pitch sound can be stopped (for several hours) by turning the far left (see photo) red isolation handle FIG1 to the off position, which I understand stops the hot water circulating the apartment. But I think this noise is a pressure build-up somewhere along this hot water pipe, which eventually kicks off again if that makes sense? It's not the overall system pressure, which I have managed to get above 1 bar as per the guidelines - this noise issue only affects the hot water pipe (marked with yellow below).

Anyway I think perhaps opening the valve FIG2 on this hot water pipe to release any trapped pressure may fix it? The problem is I've never done this before, will I be OK unscrewing and opening FIG2's cap? My thinking is with the isolation FIG1 to off, I unscrew the cap FIG2, then unlock the valve handle FIG2 slowly to release, but I just wanna check with more experienced members before I try this? Or am I getting this wrong and could the issue be somthing else altogether? Please

Name:  boiler1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  40.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-16, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wow, thanks for all the help folks. I've figured it out myself...