Baxi Ht380 losing pressure

Old 12-16-16, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Baxi Ht380 losing pressure

I have a Baxi HT380 that has run perfectly for 6 years. Last year the pressure relief valve(PRV) was tripped and the system dumped lots of water on my floor as it did not reseat properly. I replaced the PRV with an exact replacement and called by Baxi plumber to troubleshoot...Problem is that it regularly trips PRV and dribbles some water and eventually loses pressure and shuts off. I add water and raise the pressure through the pressure reducer and repeat as necessary. Plumber played with system for an hour and charged me $250.00. It ran for 2 days and then repeated problem.
I tried replacing pressure reducer, upping reducer pressure, lowering pressure reducer, adding pressure to Baxi expansion tank as suggested by plumber after I told him his fix didn't work. Reduced pressure in Baxi expansion tank, etc.

Does anyone have a clear understanding of what might be wrong?
Also what pressure should Baxi expansion tank be set?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-16, 05:33 PM
Baxi Luna HT380 losing pressure

If it helps the pressure gauge must be at least in the middle of the 1 Green area before the E119 error goes away

Old 12-16-16, 07:04 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
The expansion tank is likely waterlogged. There is a "sticky" on this forum that discusses this problem.

Old 12-17-16, 03:46 AM
Also, gauge may not be accurate. There's another sticky about that at the top of the message list. Steve

Old 12-17-16, 05:49 AM
Baxi HT380

Absolutely the internal expansion tank..I deal with them on a weekly basis here on Long Island. Either the pressure tank needs to be re-pressurized or an external one needs to be added.You can not simply add pressure to the expansion tank without first getting the boiler pressure to zero.

Old 12-18-16, 01:17 PM
OK I attempted to unflood the expansion tank. Everything is working now, but time will tell. Thanks for the advice.