Amtrol WH-7P Thermostat Issues

Old 01-06-16, 05:00 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amtrol WH-7P Thermostat Issues

Yesterday morning I noticed the hot water was not so hot during my shower, so I went to check on the unit and had to hold the red Set Point button as normal to get the temp to go up. While doing this it would only let me go up about two degrees before clicking and making me hold the button again.

Later that evening I went downstairs after work and noted that the unit was not clicking on/off nonstop. The green On light was going on, clicking, then shutting off continuously every few seconds. Also when I would push the Set Point button it would flash "00" then show the temperature again. All the pipes also felt cool to the touch.

I went and ran the sinks upstairs for several minutes to drain the tank a bit and went to inspect. The tank was On and pipes were getting warm. This morning we had hot showers but I went downstairs and saw that the display is not blank as in off and not responding.

My assumption is the thermostat unit is just fried and needs replacement, I am awaiting a call back from Amtrol Technical Support but want to be sure I'm on the right path here. Any thoughts or ideas?

The system is tied to a gas furnace so an indirect heater.

[

Old 01-06-16, 05:27 AM
C
Called Amtrol Tech, a quick review he said the unit is basically dead so I need a new thermostat/smart control unit. Supplyhouse.com part #940R101. About $200, figured I'd update the post for others who may have similar issues. I'd install it myself but would rather a pro just connect it quick, luckily one is in the family.

Old 01-08-16, 05:28 PM
S
After two under warranty and one purchased I went to the mechanical dial version and not a problem since . I did hear there was a run of bad ones though.

2704-093 - Amtrol 2704-093 - Aquastat/Thermostat

Old 12-19-16, 05:43 PM
M
Mine is doing this too

My WH-7P is doing this non stop. Driving me insane but I still have hot water. I had an issue a year ago but turned it up from 120° to 130° and it stopped. I turned it up to 133° (before it stopped letting go lme change it due to clicking) thinking it would stop like it did last time. It hasn't stopped. What part number is the dial control? I'm not interested in messing with another digital if it's going to do this again!
Sorry just noticed you provided a link to the dial one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: