EK System 2000 - 1 zone request, 2 zones activated

Old 06-23-17, 07:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
EK System 2000 - 1 zone request, 2 zones activated

Having an issue where one zone is calling for heat yet two zones get activated. Specific example... zone 4 calling for heat, light on digital manager glows for zone 4, boiler gets to operating temperature, then activates zone 4 + hot water tank zone. Same the other way around...hot water zone calling for heat, hot water zone light glows, burner goes to operating temp, then hot water valve and zone 4 valve activated. When the other zones call for heat, only the desired zone is activated. Have reset digital manager. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-17, 04:07 AM
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Hi Llancer,
I'm not a pro on this but can get you started.
Sounds like zone control valves with one circulator, confirm or describe what you have?
What other control boxes are being used?
Was this working correctly before?
Has there been any work done that might have affected this?

Bud

Old 06-25-17, 07:45 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey Bud, thanks for helping to look into this. Believe I have figured out the mystery. I disconnected one of the two zones being triggered from the digital manager, and the zone still opened when the other was calling for heat! Obviously it was getting voltage from another source so I traced all the wiring going to the valves and then the issue became clear...the bell wire going to all of the valves was strapped tightly to the hot water line and when I removed the ties noticed that the shielding from the valve wires had worn away in many spots where the ties were so there was bare copper wiring...strapped to a copper pipe. Mystery solved, I will be replacing the valve wiring. Thanks again.

Old 06-26-17, 02:59 AM
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
That sounds like you found it, good job.

Bud