Tridicator installation question

Old 11-14-17, 07:04 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tridicator installation question

I want to install a temperature and pressure dual Tridicator gauge on the supply and the return sides of my boiler. I plan on shutting off my 1/8 valves in which the air vents are installed, tee off, and have the air vent back on one side of the tee and the Tridicator gauge on the other side of the tee. The objective: see system pressure and temp on supply and return sides. Is this doable, correct?

When I drained the system to put in the 1/8 inch shutoffs, I noticed that after an entire day and even the next that the boiler temp and pressure gauge (Peerless boiler) stayed at 120 degrees. The boiler is in service 17 years. I guess I should have changed the gauge too but that won't be so bad to change. The system seems to get as hot as 185-190 and no hotter, and pressure seems to be 22 lbs hot. I guess the gauge is working. Should I just go ahead and change it next time around?

Old 11-14-17, 07:13 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
If you do not have flow past the end of the thermometer stem it will NOT register the actual temperature.

Tridicators are NOT precision instruments and I would not recommend them for much of anything. I would rather see you buy a couple of digital thermometers and probes off of ebay and clamp the probe to the piping where you want to measure the temperature. Insulate the probe and the pipe after clamping the probe.

Old 11-16-17, 08:39 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. I will look on Ebay

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: