Aquastat questions/options [Honeywell L8151A]

Old 02-17-18, 05:58 PM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aquastat questions/options [Honeywell L8151A]

First of all, this was an oil fired boiler that was converted to gas with a carlin burner. It has been running fine for years since the conversion and it also delivers the domestic hot water. Recently the circulator failed, causing high limit shutdowns very often and a cold house. After testing I found the aquastat is not sending power out to the C1/C2 terminals. In order to keep the boiler running, i temporarily hardwired the circulator to a nearby outlet. I do understand that doing this could cause the domestic hot water to have lower temps than usual but i needed the heat more.

That leads me to my 2 questions....

1) Is it possible to wire the circulator to the unused ZC plus L1 terminals to provide power to circulator only when the boiler is on instead of the 24/7 power it is getting now?

2) If and when i replace the aquastat, should i get another 8151 or even the L7224U universal as it has worked fine all this time? Or is there a different model to use now that is for gas fired boilers instead of those that were made for oil fired? I am thinking the carlin burner is setup to work with oil fired aquastats by default but i just want to make sure

Thanks in advance for any help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: