Baseboard heater covers

Old 08-06-18, 02:25 PM
Baseboard heater covers

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on replacing baseboard heating cover in a bathroom. It's working fine, but since the location is damp, the sheet metal cover is getting rusty. I've seen "plastic" replacement covers for sale, but I'd love to hear from someone who has used one. I'm not concerned with having a flap to close off the heated air outlet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/NeatHeat...EAT4/203537675

This one looks interesting- any advice? Thanks, Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-18, 03:42 PM
I don't see the dimensions or the exact way they attach to the baseboard. I wonder if you have to cut them to fit? But, for $40, they look like worth a try.

Can your old covers be cleaned up and repainted with Rust-Oleum?

Old 08-06-18, 05:56 PM
I've already sanded and repainted this cover once. PITA getting it looking good. In the other bathroom I replaced the old BB cover with a new (painted steel) one. I may end up replacing this one with steel too. But I was curious if anyone had used the plastic ones and had good luck-
Steve

Old 08-06-18, 06:13 PM
Group Moderator
The trick is using Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy... not just normal spray paint.

Old 08-07-18, 04:33 AM
I never thought of the appliance epoxy! I've used that before with good luck (on a refrigerator). The last time I did the baseboard heat cover I sanded and used regular Rustoleum brush on paint. I'll try the appliance epoxy this time. Thanks much, XSleeper! Steve

Old 04-14-19, 07:46 AM
Lightbulb Rust-Oleum Hi Heat or Revital/Line

I have sanded and repainted a few bathroom covers brushing on Rust-Oleum Hi Heat. It looks very good and is not as messy as spraying. It's still is a PITA job. I am wondering if anyone has tried Slant/Fin Revital/Line covers? They are aluminum so they should be better in a bathroom than steal. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

Last edited by XSleeper; 04-14-19 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Removed advertising link
Old 04-23-19, 09:31 AM
I was wondering about those baseboard heater covers myself. In my case, the covers are in really bad shape, lots of bent parts, some serious rust, etc.

Is it possible to just replace the covers with new material and if so, where would I buy them? A cursory check at the big home stores shows only new sections with the pipes - I'd like to replace just the cover parts if that's possible.

Also, should I start my own thread on this?

Old 04-23-19, 12:07 PM
p,
Below is a sight where you can see your options. It depends on the brand of baseboard. This is for Slant Fin. Scroll down to the covers only section. This is for the enclosure only w/ no element.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/SlantFin...Heaters-811000

Hope this helps a little.

Old 04-24-19, 12:52 PM
Awesome - definitely helpful - thank you!!