Thermolec Boiler and Aero Air Handler

Old 08-07-18, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thermolec Boiler and Aero Air Handler

I am replacing my oil fired boiler with a Thermolec 23KW electric boiler. The boiler provides hot water
to a coil in the Aero Air handler. With the old system the Air Handler was wired to thermostat that
controlled the fan and the circulation pump. The oil fired boiler kept the water to temperature and was
not wired to thermostat

New system requires boiler to be wired to thermostat as well. I been told to wire my Duracraft thermostat
Rh to C and W to W1 on the Thermolec.
Rc to R and W to W and G to G on the Aero Air Handler.

Should I power the circulation pump from the Air Handler or the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-18, 02:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You should put Canada in your bio location so we know where you are located.

I'm guessing with the switch to electric that you must have some fantastic electric rates there or fuel oil is much more costly than electric. That boiler will require you to have at least a 150A service and preferable.... 200A.

I'm not sure how fast that boiler can supply hot water but it appears that it and the circulator pump should be wired to the thermostat. The only problem I see with that setup is that if there is a delay in getting hot water to the air handler..... your fan will be blowing some unknown amount of cold air.

Many times a thermostat is attached to the outgoing hot water line of the coil that keeps the fan off until the coil is hot.

Old 08-07-18, 03:10 PM
Thank you.

Rates are not great but fuel oil is 3.50(US) a gallon. Plus the insurance companies insist on changing fuel tanks every 10 years and government insist I have a oil burner certificate to change my tank or maintain my oil burner.

Both the air handler and boiler have the ability to power up the circulation pump through the thermostat. Just no sure which one I should use.

Old 08-08-18, 09:47 PM
The answer is either one will work.