1958 roberts gordon boiler with honeywell vs887a27x1

Old 09-28-18, 02:39 PM
1958 roberts gordon boiler with honeywell vs887a27x1

Hello, my 1958-ish boiler failed under this season's first heat load and I am searching for parts and or work arounds. The Roberts Gordon burner number is 302-21NAT min BTU 80,000 max btu 175000.

With a honeywell vs887a27x1 diaphragm gas valve. My plumber tells me I should purchase an igniter and gas valves. Where do I buy parts or work arounds? Just trying to get through one heating season while I plan for replacement heating systems. Just bought the house in May 2018. The house is 4000 sq feet on 2 floors and built in the 1870s.

-Preiste

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-18, 04:44 PM
Roberts Gordon is the brand of the burner, not the boiler. Get a trusted pro, whose references you have checked, to install what it needs. Don't go to internet sites, like this one, and ask us to tell you what parts to buy or for "work-arounds."

Old 09-29-18, 06:29 AM
Actually, for any of us to even guess at what parts you will need to repair this boiler we would need more information such as just what part failed or just what is not happening. Working on boilers of any kind is an art that can be dangerous for the typical homeowner and above their expertise. According to the gas valve numbers you provided it is a powerpile or pilot generator system. These systems can be difficult to trouble shoot that is why @gilmorrie suggested that you call a pro and keep yourself safe.