New to Buderus boilers-need some advice on programming, etc...

Old 10-22-18, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New to Buderus boilers-need some advice on programming, etc...

I have a 2600 SF home with copper tube/aluminum fin baseboards throughout. There is also copper tube/aluminum fin installed in the basement as well. I have the system programmed on a custom schedule which is basically maintains 72 degrees when we're awake and the house is occupied and 65 when we're either asleep or out of the house. The system has an outdoor temperature sensor, but no indoor sensors or controls. The system does an OK job at meeting the target temperatures, but I feel as though we would benefit from having one temperature sensor on each floor. I also plan to add a wood stove to the first floor and without an indoor sensor the system could not account for the first floor not needing heat when the stove was in use, correct? I'd like to hear from someone who has a Buderus as these types of boilers are totally new to me.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-18, 10:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 371 Votes on 348 Posts
It's not so much the boiler it's more your setup.

How many zones do you have ?
How many thermostats do you have ?

Old 10-23-18, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4 zones (three downstairs, one upstairs), each with a thermostat which were all existing prior to the installation of the Buderus according to the installer. The thermostats are all just set to 75 F so that the zone valves are open all of the time. Why the downstairs was ever divided into three separate zones I don't know. It is a very open layout and none of the zones are separated by doors, so the temperatures just equalize. Right now I have the schedule set as follows:

Monday Through Friday:
3:30 a.m. 72
7:00 a.m. 65
2:30 p.m. 72
9:00 p.m. 65

Saturday/Sunday
4:30 a.m. 72
9:00 p.m. 65

Again, the boiler is doing an OK job (at least in these temperatures) with keeping the house in the neighborhood of 72 when needed, but the wife would like the ability to "boost" the temperature, at least temporarily when its lagging (ie: when she wakes up and the house is still at 68 in the morning)-also, again I'm concerned about the wood stove issue. I suppose I could just rely on the downstairs thermostats to close off their respective zones when the wood stove brings the temperature to the setpoint, but I would imagine it would be better to continuously feed indoor temperature data via room sensors to the 2107, would it not?