Air in system

Old 10-22-18, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air in system

I have a prestige gas fired triangle tube boiler. Non the system is a taco air scoop with a taco hi vent on this. I can hear water bubbles in the circulator when it is running. Thisnonly haooen when the zone for the dorect hot water heater is open. Although ibheard some water in a baseboard as well. The plumber said this scoop will remove all water but it's been a year now and I can still hear air in the system.
1. Should the nut on top of the vent be loose or tight?
2. Is there a way to mannually operate this vent to verify there is no air in the scoop? When I remove the nut it is just a white piece of threaded plastic sticking out with a hole down the middle. I was told this operates like a car tire but there is nothing to press with a screwdriver. It's litteraly just a threaded white tube with a hole down the middle.
​​​​​​3. this is our first gas fired boiler coming from oil. The oil we need to have cleaned tuned each year (cleaned nozzle etc.). Should this be done with gas as well? It shouldnt be getting gummed up with soot like the dirty oil one did. And not sure what they would do if they came out.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-18, 04:51 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Our 65-year-old gas-fired hot-water boiler has never been professionally cleaned or tuned, and runs like a top. It's a fire-tube boiler, and every couple of years I run a wire brush through the tubes - a little rust comes out is all.