Munchkin T50M boiler

Old 02-07-19, 07:11 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Munchkin T50M boiler

Hello. Couple of things. This is my first post here. Wanted to say thank you for having this helpful forum. I've done a lot of reading and searching over the last year (before joining as a member) since buying my home last January. Originally I wanted to get acquainted with the Munchkin boiler we have for our radiant heat. However now we're having issues with it. (F09 & F10 error codes). I really found this post very helpful.

I think I need to clean the flame rod of my boiler, and check the flue for any obstruction. Not really sure how to clear the flue, but YouTube to the rescue I guess! Actually I'm not sure how to clean the flame rod either, but I'm sure there's information out there.

Last - I think I have a complete manual for both installation and maintenance for this model (it may apply to other models as well). It doesn't appear to be a typical end user manual. The previous owner who had this installed was a heating/cooling guy and I think it may be a "higher level" manual with schematics and all. Is there a place here I could share a scanned PDF of the materials so it could benefit others in the future?

Wish me luck on the flame rod & flue cleaning (both things the manual told me were the remedy for F09 & F10 error codes).

PS: Fortunately the previous owner left the older still fully operational boiler in-line with some cutover valves. It's a Weil-McLain and runs very well. Luckily because of that we still have heat while I monkey around with the T50M Munchkin.
[Photo of controller circuit board for future helpfulness]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ain2WPJ2XT1PKmse9
Name:  m_board.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  151.4 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 02-07-19 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added pic from link
Old 02-07-19, 10:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not a boiler guy. I work on furnaces. I can help you and others will try too. The Munchkins are specialized boilers and get their own particular problems.

The flame sensor is just a stainless steel rod that sits in the flame. It's usually held in with one screw. Remove the screw, disconnect the wire and clean the rod with a green Scothbrite pad. Steel wool is also ok. The idea is you want the rod to be shiny...... no gouges in it.

Unfortunately there is no place here to store large files like your pdf manual.

Old 02-08-19, 05:59 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Hi, I believe this is the link to that boiler.
http://www.htproducts.com/literature/lp-185.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: