Dunkirk PWX Gas Valve Burner - Not Igniting

Old 04-15-19, 06:35 AM
Dunkirk PWX Gas Valve Burner - Not Igniting

Good Morning All,

I have read through my manual, as well as trouble shooting through old posts, but i wanted to reach out here and pick everyone's brain. I'll try to keep this post as simple as possible.

I have a Dunkirk Plymouth Extreme Boiler, with a Pilot that stays constantly lit. I have not had any major issues with it until recently. I got home and my home was a bit colder than normal. I found my Boiler was not igniting, and did not have the Gas Valve Burner light lit up on the front panel. Cycle the power off and on to the unit fixed the problem. somewhere in the middle of the night, it did the same thing, except this time i had to cycle the power on and off a couple times before it lit up and ran fine. Fast forward to this morning, it is out, and will not cycle on.

Things i've done;

Checked the pilot, and it is lit. Verified gas/power coming into the unit and all seems fine. Verified that the dampner is opening and should allow for operation. The Dampner has a Manuel opening section, once i turned this to open manually, the boiler lit for a second then shut off (Acted like some sort of safety switch killed it)

Right now, i feel like something may be "locked out" and i'm not sure what the next step should be outside of calling for help. Is there any other Aquastat or other controller that i need to reset or look at trouble shooting?
(I think i have the Honeywell L7148F)

Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-19, 08:35 AM
Update,

Taking a look at my L7148F AquaStat, i am getting two blinks out of the "Status" Light. I believe the trouble shooting guide says to replace the sensors? I found the sensor wires but am not sure what everything looks like once i get it apart.

Any thoughts? Do you think i'm heading in the right direction or just wasting time and i should call a tech?

Old 04-18-19, 04:43 AM
Hi, I would say you are on the right track based on the TS guide, try removing the connections from the board and reseating them, could be a bad connection.
Geo

Old 05-03-19, 08:37 AM
I wanted to give a quick update,

I have my boiler operating well. It turns out the "Sensor" wire from the controller to the boiler was not "Bad", however the contact surface at the plug in was corroded causing the error. I used a .357 gun brush into the sensor neck, cleaned it out and things have been running as expected.

Hope this helps someone someday.