Help. No hot water

Old 08-18-19, 07:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help. No hot water

So I got home this evening and my house was 81 degrees inside. Wife and kid took showers, but now there is no hot water.

I have a Weil-McLain boiler and Amtrol boiler mate set up.

I can here the boiler circulating, but after about 15-20 minutes it shuts down only to star up again shortly after. There are no error codes on the boiler mate smart control.

can the smart control be bad with no codes? I replaced the original about6 yrs ago.

or any thoughts on what else may be the prob?

Thanks
joe

i

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-19, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Is the shower the only place where there is no hot water? If so, then it could be a shower valve issue.

If you've got no hot water anywhere in the house, then you need to confirm that the piping from the boiler to the Amtrol is getting hot when the boiler is running. If not, then you might be looking at a zone valve that is failed shut, or a circulator that isn't circulating, depending on how your HW system is piped.

PJmax voted this post useful.
Old 08-19-19, 10:57 AM
Group Moderator
Received 265 Votes on 248 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You can post a few pictures for us so we can tell you what to specifically to check.
How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 08-19-19, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No hot water in the whole house. Pipes are hot from the boiler to the Amtrol. Iíll take some pictures later. I think I may have narrowed it down to my Argo valve control board. Is this common?

Old 08-19-19, 11:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 265 Votes on 248 Posts
The Boilermate is treated as a priority zone on the boiler. Typically it uses a zone valve activated from the aquastat on the Boilermate itself. That zone valve should have a manual operation lever on it where you could move it manually to heat the Boilermate.