Adjust temp on Vaughn S35TPP

Old 09-07-19, 05:19 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adjust temp on Vaughn S35TPP

For some reason the hot water is not as hot as I like. Our old tank used to have a control on the outside for setting the temperature but I don't see any way to do that with this tank. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Old 09-07-19, 06:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,419 Votes on 1,312 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved the thread to the boiler forum and corrected the model number from 36 to 35.
You have a hot water storage tank connected to your boiler..... correct ?
Did you call your installer ?

From Vaughn.....
The Vaughn industry leading technologies include an electronic thermostat with adjustable differential to ensure delivery of highly accurate and consistent hot water.

It looks like it's mounted down near the water drain valve.
You should see wires connecting it to the boiler.

Old 09-08-19, 07:25 AM
E
I just noticed your previous reply. Thank you.

Old 09-08-19, 07:32 AM
E
I just saw your reply. Thanks. My sight-impaired husband copied the number - I apologize for his error. This Vaughn model is the hot water storage tank, at least that's what my husband says. It is connected to a boiler that was installed last winter. The hot water seemed fine until the weather turned cooler this month, here in NY. I thought it might be a problem with the boiler but my husband says there should be a temp adjustment on the tank. I am not sure if we should call for service from the plumber who installed the boiler or the oil company that installed the hot water tank several years ago. Thanks for your advice.

Old 09-08-19, 02:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,419 Votes on 1,312 Posts
Like I previously mentioned..... there is an adjustment thermostat down on the side of the tank.

Old 09-12-19, 08:52 PM
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
If this tank still has the TPI control there are two slide bars under the control cover. One slide bar is temperature the other is differential. Set temp higher.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: