How to drain air from hydronic loop

Old 10-12-19, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to drain air from hydronic loop

I noticed the hvac tech who came out last time was able to drain the air out of the lines without having to unscrew every vent tee in the house. I took a picture of where I think he hooked a hose up to. Iím not even sure what the fitting is called. Anyway it will come in handy in case theres another brake in my line. Fyi, Iím new to this so please help and explain the process. Anyway heres a few pics of what iím dealing with. The first picture is the fitting Iím talking about. I dont know why my pics are comming in sideways? They are rightside up when I load them..

Name:  b1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  b2.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  b3.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  39.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-12-19 at 03:58 PM. Reason: reoriented/enlarged/enhanced pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-19, 04:01 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I start with the fact air bubbles rise in water and install auto vents at highest point in each loop. Never have to vent system.

Think venting at lowest level boiler is wishful thinking. Often see pictures on this site of cheap vents on air scoops near boiler coated with crud from leaks.

Here is trouble free vent that can be opened for service.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-05...Vent-3679000-p

Auto vents with sealed cans are the worst. A red gasket in tire valve type seal goes after a couple of years then leaks.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Jacobus-...xoCg-8QAvD_BwE

Last edited by doughess; 10-14-19 at 04:24 AM.