Munchkin Boiler - Doesn't fire up

Old 10-15-19, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Munchkin Boiler - Doesn't fire up

Munhkin 199M Boiler - On power up - blower runs, speed picks up (normal) then blower just stops without burner kicking in. We have 3. All parameters are identical to the boiler next to it. The burner fires if you set it to test mode. the outdoor temperature sensor is reading properly and within range. There are no error codes. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-19, 11:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That doesn't make any sense.
If the normal startup is being interrupted..... there should be a code set.

Old 10-15-19, 02:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
After thinking about this.... it's almost like it's not getting the call to heat.
Pre-purge on power up.
Did you try a short across the TT terminals ?

Old 10-21-19, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem Solved

Thank you to those that responded. First things first - to who responded "that doesn't make sense", you weren't kidding - this problem was driving me crazy. Second, the manual doesn't list it anywhere, but HTP that manufactured the Munchkin has a tech support line that helped me resolve this. There were 2 problems. First, in this setup the thermostat wires are jumpered out all the time. One of the leads on the wire to the control board was loose. Secondly, even though the boiler was within outside temperature range (set to run until 68) and outside temperature was being displayed by the system as being 62, the boiler kicked in when I disconnected the outdoor temperature sensor. 2 days later, when the temperature dropped to 50, the boiler runs fine with the sensor connected. I still haven't exactly figured that one out, but I have heat.