Heater blowing room temperature air

Old 10-17-19, 08:01 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Heater blowing room temperature air

I have a system in my condo that heats via circulating water from our water heater. The system runs and is blowing air but the air is just room temp, not warm. It has been recommended to us to turn off the hot water cirulator valve in the summer so that the AC runs cooler so yesterday was the first day that I opened the valve back up. This happened last year and I believe they said the culprit was air in the hot water circulator. How do I check if that is the case and what other possible causes should I look out for?

Thanks

Old 10-17-19, 09:46 AM
B
Received 113 Votes on 99 Posts
Make sure the hot water circulating pump is operating on a call for heat (there could be a delay if the pump needs a minimum water temp before turning on). Need to know if the heating system is a closed or open system before commenting further

Old 10-17-19, 04:20 PM
D
I believe it is an open system. It cycles the hot water from our hot water heater.

Old 10-18-19, 05:05 AM
B
Received 113 Votes on 99 Posts
In an open system, the circulating pump must create a pressure greater than the water heater pressure to have flow through the heat exchanger. The water heater pressure is normally the water supply pressure. Any reason for the water supply pressure to change?

Old 10-18-19, 07:59 AM
D
Water pressure does not seem to be the issue. I ran the system for about 30 minutes just now, the water pump was warm but the water coming out of the valve next to it was cool. If air in the line was the problem opening the valve by the pump would have solved it right? Below is a picture of the air handler and heat coil

Old 10-18-19, 08:03 AM
D
Trying to attach the picture again

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: