Zone Heating When It Shouldn't

Old 11-24-19, 07:07 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Zone Heating When It Shouldn't

Hi All, hopefully someone can provide some assistance here. I have 2 zones in question (both with ecobees), one for the main floor and one for the upper floor. I went on vacation last week and set both zones to 63. I live in Maine, so the weather has been pretty cold, less than 40F. My main floor seemed to stabilize at 63, however my upper floor stayed around 68 the entire trip. I had both ecobee sensors in the same room, both reading identical.

When I got home, I did confirm the high temperature with an independent thermometer. I checked my ecobee history for that zone and it did not call for heat the entire week we were away. The strange thing is, the baseboards do feel like they are giving out heat and the pipes going from and to the boiler are hot.

I did very recently have to change out the taco control valve head for this zone. My LEDs on the control box are not showing that the system is calling for heat and/or running.

Been trying to get in touch with my boiler guy, but not having any luck. Any thoughts?

UPDATE---I replaced the zone valve head again and similar situation. The upstairs zone appears to be coming on when the main floor zone turns on.

Last edited by JBurnaBTNH; 11-24-19 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Update
Old 11-24-19, 10:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
You need to verify if the wrong valve is opening or just not sealing all the way. The motor is only half the valve. It drives the actual valve mechanism that may not be closing all the way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: