Smith boiler gb100 will not ignite

Old 11-12-20, 01:03 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smith boiler gb100 will not ignite

I have a Smith propane boiler that I can not figure out why it won't turn on. It has a new fenwal ignition module and the damper opens the evacuation fan comes on for 1 or 2 seconds the ignition module flashes once then nothing happens after that, I'm not getting any error codes, I've checked the igniter the rollout and the spill switch, I'm at a loss. Any ideas would be great.

Old 11-12-20, 02:24 PM
W
Smith propane boiler won't work help please

I have a Smith boiler gb 100 that heats by radiant heat. The damper opens then the fan runs for about 2 seconds and the fenwal control box flashes once and then nothing. I've checked the igniter the roll out and spill switch with a ohm meter and they test fine. It goes thru the cycle 10 times and I'm not getting any error codes. I replaced the igniter module and it does the same thing. Any help or ideas would be great.

Old 11-12-20, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

We allow one thread per topic. Normally the second one would be deleted but since they are different I combined them into one thread.

Is this a GB100 W ?
Looks like Smith boiler may be out of business. Their site and tech info is gone.

The draft inducer must be running and prove it's running for ignition to continue. You need to look at the inducer for a problem. Actually.... you need to check the end switch on the damper. That switch must close when the damper is open to supply 24v to ignition circuit.

Is there a wiring diagram on the unit or on one of the doors ?
Post it here..... How-to-insert-pictures.

This is a similar thread to yours.
pilot-sensor-issues-hb-smith-gb100w.

Old 11-13-20, 11:52 AM
W
Yes this is a Smith gb100 w-5 hsdi

This is a Smith propane boiler a gb100 W-5 hsdi. I took several pictures that show the wiring diagram. The fenwal igniter says it has a 0 purge and a 0 interpurger

Old 11-13-20, 06:15 PM
Group Moderator
Can you post everything in one picture.
I can't read between them as the diagram is showing two ignition modules.
I don't see draft inducer in the diagram. I do see circ but I though was a circulator pump.

If you have a problem posting a large picture here... let me know and I'll PM you my email address where you can send it.

Old 11-14-20, 12:09 AM
W
I will try and take a better picture. Its so small but I found a manual online I can upload the pdf file if that helps.

Old 11-14-20, 03:12 AM
W
Old 11-14-20, 10:39 AM
Group Moderator
The manual illustrates several wiring methods and system types.
The actual diagram on the door is usually the correct diagram for that unit.
I'm assuming you are using the Fenwal/Honeywell system.

That manual is showing a powered flue damper with NO draft inducer.
You said the damper opens and the fan runs..... what fan ?

Old 11-14-20, 04:01 PM
W
There is a fan on the exhaust before it goes outside it is about 3 feet above the damper. When the damper opens up the fan comes on for about 2 seconds. The igniter module is a fenwal 35-655927-001 . Also where the fan is there is a pressure switch . I will try take a picture tomorrow of the whole set up and try to get the wiring diagram all in one shot. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-14-20, 04:10 PM
Group Moderator
That's the problem with a generic manual. It doesn't totally reflect on actual equipment used.

Old 11-14-20, 04:15 PM
W
Yes it is and I think its something simple and I know I'm missing something. Something isn't allowing the igniter to energize and the gas valve to open.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: