Y8610U Intermittent ignition problems

Old 12-14-22, 06:26 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Y8610U Intermittent ignition problems

Hi

Last evening, I tried my hands at installing the Y8610U. I made all the pipe connections but when I got to connecting the wires, I was not able to make it work. I'm wondering that maybe I'm not connecting the wires correctly. I have provided some pictures. In the pictures, I cut off the black and orange wire from the unit to connect to the boiler. I tried different connections between the 2 Yellows and blacks coming from the boiler. The LED on the ignitor seems to light up but I got 6 blinks which translate into internal error. How should this be connected?

Old 12-15-22, 12:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
You should be working with the wiring diagram of the boiler. It should be on the service door.
Connecting wires randomly can be damaging to the ignition module.

Why do you have orange on 24v ground and black on TH/W ??
TH/W is 24vac power.

Green of the 8610 gets connected to chassis ground.
Assuming you have a vent damper.
The black wire should be on 24v/ground on the 8610 and connect to C which is the green wire connected to C on the fan center. The orange wire needs switched 24v power. In my diagram it comes from the red vent wire that WAS connected to the gas valve.

You should have had only two wires on your old valve. One went to C and the other to red of power vent. That red wire or the non C wire that was on the valve goes to TH/W.

This is a common boiler diagram..... it's not in particularly yours......

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: