Lochinvar wall boiler with tankless hot water

Old 12-17-22, 03:30 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lochinvar wall boiler with tankless hot water

My 5 year old lochinvar has house heat but no hot water. It happened overnight I guess as it worked when I went to bed. I am assuming something is not opening when it should? Any ideas would help!

Thanks

Old 12-17-22, 12:11 PM
S
Received 129 Upvotes on 121 Posts
Pics of your boiler and piping would be helpful.

Feel the pipe going in and coming from your coil and see if it's hot coming out. Could be mixing valve, or limed up coil. Do you have hot water in any of the fixtures.

mikey531 voted this post useful.
Old 12-17-22, 12:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,333 Upvotes on 2,992 Posts
Pictures are helpful....... How to insert pictures.
A model number is a must.

That is not going to be an easy boiler to work on. Highly specialized.

Old 12-17-22, 06:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,333 Upvotes on 2,992 Posts
Sorry.... can't help you here. Hope he diagnoses correctly and all turns out ok.

Old 12-17-22, 04:51 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I finally got a tech from the company that installed it I called at 7:15 and the answering service sent my info to the on call plumber who said he couldn't help me. So I called the answering service at 9:00 and go a different person who said they would have a tech call me. At 10:30 I called again and the answering service said they would have someone call me.At 11:30 I got a call saying he would be in an hour. He found the circuit board for the domestic hot water was bad. Then he told me the parts supplier that might have it closes at noon. So I am without hot water until they call on Monday and find out if one is somewhere in the country. If he come here when I called I may have had hot water now ! To make matters worse I found the circuit board at a supplier in MA.. 45 minutes from my house ! Very frustrating.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: