Thermolec B20 problems

Old 11-18-23, 05:56 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermolec B20 problems

Hi - Long time reader, first time poster. I have a B20 unit a home, electric only (no dual gas or oil). My boiler seems to make this loudish humming vibrating sound, even when its on 'idle' and not heating. We seem to really notice it when it turns on via heat demand, the vibrating humming noise almost pulses. I just went down to look at the boiler and the vibrations seem to come from the left hand side, the part with the tank. If I knock the front of the boiler (bottom RHS area) with my knucle (like a knock at the door typ of thing) the hummig stops. Any idea's?

Old 11-19-23, 06:41 AM
C
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
I don't have the exact same model, but my Thermolec B-6TMB has a backup magnetic contactor that is always on so long as there isn't an issue with overheat or other type of failure. There is definitely a hum, but it is something I live with during the heating season.

When the heating season is over, I just shut off the breaker on the boiler to stop the noise.

http://www.thermolec.com/_documentat...ch%202018u.pdf

Old 11-19-23, 07:49 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It was pulsing agin this moring, at 6 am when the heat is triggered back on. I agree with the constant hum, (almost like a loud fridge), but I think this is something else.

Old 11-20-23, 11:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,117 Upvotes on 3,697 Posts
The B20 has two contactors for twice the hum.
Contactors can be noisy when they don't pull in and latch 100%.
Fairly normal. Could almost be called a buzz.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: