Anchoring machine to a cement floor?

Old 12-31-02, 02:22 PM
mgillihan
Visiting Guest
Anchoring machine to a cement floor?

I have just received a horizontal bandsaw for my new business, and I need to secure it to the cement floor. The handbook that came with the saw gave no instructions for this. At another facility I managed, we used anchor bolts set in grout. That was for much latger pieces of equipment. That is a little more sophisticated than I think I need to get with this saw. It only weighs about 1800 lbs. Could I get away with just drilling and using large Tapcons? Do they make tapcons for this purpose? The bolt holes in the saw base are 3/4" in diameter. Do they make tapcons that large? Is there another product I could use? Another method?

Old 01-01-03, 12:13 AM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
You can use Hilti wedge anchors for this.

Old 01-11-03, 11:03 AM
Portable Welder
Visiting Guest
Anchoring Machine

To anchor your saw down all you need is a wedge anchor, if the holes in the saw are 3/4" you may have a little trouble with a 3/4" wedge anchor, because the anchor will be slightly larger. if you want to save your self some hassles use a 5/8" Dia. and it will hold your saw without a problem.
If you have to anchor other machines down, wedge anchors work great, unless your machines have a heavy vibration to them or a pounding like a stamping press. If they do you need to use a two part epoxy and follow the instructions. Heavy vibrating will rattle a wedge anchor out over time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: