leaking basement walls

Old 01-25-03, 07:12 AM
kenL
Visiting Guest
Wink leaking basement walls

Hey fellas, I am over here from "Basements" :-) I have ( I believe) water entering my basement through a whole where a pipe exits the house. This leak seems to be caused by water in the cores of the blocks above the poured foundation. In addition to doing the outside fix, I want to shore up the inside and I have been advised to use hydraulic cement. In fact, though, I am really just building up a block between the center of the cores where I believe I have water and the inside wall. I thought hydraulic cement was best for filling cracks and such. Anyways, some advice here? If I build up enough of a cement barrier, might that solve my problem? Is there a better solution than cement?

All opinions are appreciated and solicited.

Ken

Old 01-25-03, 06:30 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
leaking basement

Hi,

The advice you received at Basements is OK.
But IMHO, you need first to be sure where the water comes from. This is the main point. I mean, it is leaking by the hole, but it is coming from...? Drainage?
Depending of this, the liquid pressure may be different and the solution may be different.

Good luck,

Old 01-26-03, 06:38 AM
kenL
Visiting Guest
Hahaha, I am stuck on IMHO. In any event, the definite, confirmed, consensus, is hydrostatic pressure, ground water, heavy rains only. Thanks.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: