Cost and depth of new concrete?

Old 07-21-03, 12:34 PM
bluerus
Visiting Guest
Cost and depth of new concrete?

Hello. I put an addition on my house and now want to put concrete around the sides and back of the house. Can someone tell me what the price should be per sq ft. (Labor and material included) Also, what is the normal depth of concrete for yards? And, what goes into it to make it stronger? I remember when my driveway was done, the man put some wire in the middle. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate this service you provide. I am in California, Los Angeles Area. In case that makes a difference in the pricing.

Debbie

Old 07-21-03, 02:16 PM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Hi,

The agrregate of concrete will depend of the concrete. Also, it will depend of the cement quantities. If it is reinforced concrete, it will have steel wire inside.

About the prices, perhaps other member can help (I live in Canada...)

Good luck

Old 07-25-03, 08:04 PM
plumbbob
Visiting Guest
three and one half inches or more for the thickness.
Price varys greatly from $ 4.00 per square foot to infinity.
Be carefull, talk to friends relitives etc. try to find a cement mason with a good reputation.
Fiberglass strands in the concrete is a new and successfull replacement for wire mesh ( also its cheaper).
Normal concrete walks don't need any reinforcment unless some California earthquake thing is involved. Here in Michigan none is needed. The higher the "bag mix" the stronger the concrete. this ranges from 2.5 to 9 bag. It just means they put more concrete in the mix. Normal sidewalks here (local rules may deviate) would require at least a 4.5 bag mix.
A easier way out of this may be to pick a redi mix company out of the phone book or one whose trucks you have seen in your area, call them and ask for advice. Their business depends on happy customers and happy contractors, they will have phone numbers of people who will do you a good job.

Old 08-02-03, 08:12 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Cost of concrete

Prices tend to vary from area to area. Don't go anything less than 4". Make sure you reinforce.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: