Stamped Concrete: How much does it cost?

Old 08-11-03, 05:14 PM
xeifrank
Visiting Guest
Stamped Concrete: How much does it cost?

I have been interviewing prospective contractors to pour concrete in my yard, about 1600 square feet worth. I have gotten bids anywhere from $6/sq ft to $9sq/ft here in southern California. Anybody have an idea on what the going rate is?

thanks,

Xeifrank

Old 08-11-03, 09:10 PM
lmichael
Visiting Guest
Just had a plain concrete drive poured here in Ohio, ran approx. $6.50/sguare (including 80 ft. of new pvc drainage and garage pad) reinforced with 6"mesh and 5" thick. We opted for 1" thicker than the 4" normal for our area 'cause we heard that for every inch thicker you gain about twice the strength and we are probably buying an SUV in the future.

Old 08-17-03, 09:43 PM
hus6pak
Visiting Guest
Stamp Concrete

The prices depend on the color name alot like Bomanite seems to be expensive. The way I understand it is the contractor has to pay Bomanite like dues/franchise fees. Also you need to understand that you are almost guaranteed to have stamp cracks. But I do think that it looks alot better then just plain concrete. Also the colors you have the release agent and the color hardener. If the contractor is good you can get some really cool color schemes. If they pour on 2 different days the colors can be off, depending on the heat ect. The release normal stays on for 1 week and its real fine like ash. (but thats if you go with 2 colors.)I would. You should have it pressure washed and sealed every year. My patio is 15 years old and we don't seal it. When I pressure wash it it brings the colors out (shale green & grey). But thats the way it is the concrete person never has his house the way it should be. Both of the quotes are good. I would really check on why a 3.00 difference. Is their work not as good or what?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: