Sealing concrete floor in patio room

Old 08-29-03, 12:45 PM
Big Dog Mom
Visiting Guest
Sealing concrete floor in patio room

We had a patio room added on this summer. I am not happy with all the dust that is coming off the new concrete floor. The room is 26 x 26. I want to seal the concrete to stop all the dust. Is there any product that doesn't need to be applied frequently and what would be the best way to apply it (brush, roller spray)?

We also had a new outdoor patio poured, should this be sealed also? And if so, can I use the same sealer as the patio room floor?

My biggest concern is would the sealer wear off in the high traffic areas and then the floor need to be stripped to apply it again?

Thank you for your time.

Big Dog Mom

Old 08-29-03, 04:34 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This may well be what you want.

http://www.quikrete.com/diy/SealingC...ndMasonry.html

Hope this helps.

Old 08-29-03, 10:52 PM
Big Dog Mom
Visiting Guest
Thank you Chris. I will be out at the stores looking for this tomorrow.

Thanks again for heading me in the right direction.

Big Dog Mom

Old 08-30-03, 01:50 PM
Big Dog Mom
Visiting Guest
I bought four gallons of the sealer today at Home Depot. The label stated that coverage for one gallon is about 200 square feet. I have 676 square feet. My husband and I prepared the surface (swept, scrubbed and taped off the baseboard), that took about 3 hours. It took about 30 minutes to apply the sealer, with both of us using rollers on old broom handles. We are very pleased so far. We didn't even use one gallon, so we are going to put on a second coat and take back two gallons. I think it looks very nice and he's happy with it too.

Can't thank you enough for the help. I couldn't have done it without you!

Thanks again,

Big Dog Mom

Old 08-30-03, 02:30 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glad to help. That is why we are here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: