Concrete resurfacing..does it hold up

Old 09-09-03, 10:45 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete resurfacing..does it hold up

I was walking thru Lowes the other day past the concrete and notice the concrete resufacing product by Quickrete. I was wondering if this product really works and if it last. I have a drive way that is split down the middle w/ grass, so I have a 3' wide by 40' long slabs on both sides. It's in pretty rough shape on one side and I patched a small 1'x1' section. So it's not really all that great to look at. Would it be worth trying the concrete resurfacer to cover my driveway. Will it hold up to the weather and vehicle weight. Or will it be a waste of money.

Old 09-10-03, 11:25 AM
Also forgot to mention that my driveway is probably original to the house. It's about 80 years old then. At least I think.

Old 09-12-03, 02:01 PM
MichaelPalmer
Visiting Guest
I'd like to know the answer too. I have a back patio in serious need of repair. see a picture here:
http://www.michaelpalmer.net/PatioYard.htm

Old 09-12-03, 02:16 PM
C
I don't know if it holds up, but here is some product-specific information on repairing a surface such as the patio depicted.

http://www.quikrete.com/diy/PittedCh...eSurfaces.html

Nice cozy yard, by the way. Seems like a shame to cover that nice patio with a deck.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-03, 03:39 PM
davidbanfield
Visiting Guest
Wink i should know pretty soon...

well, not actually how it holds up, as i am just getting ready to do a small patio at my parents' home (8x6) with multiple layers to give it that 'flagstoned' effect. will keep you apprised if you'd like, as to the progress of this little project du jour.

Old 09-15-03, 09:20 AM
Please keep us updated and let me know how it turns out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: